Guess what? It’s cat and kitten adoption time! The South Jersey Regional Animal Shelter is kicking off our Cat-pacity Promotion. Throughout the promotion, you can adopt a kitten for only $50, or you can double you pleasure and take home two kittens for $80! You also can adopt any cat over 6 months old for only $25!
If you have been thinking about adding a feline friend to your home, now is the time. If you haven’t been thinking about it, get thinking! The shelter is currently caring for over 365 cats and kittens. With this amount from which to choose, there is certainly a feline for you.
Why kittens are good pets
You may be seeking the excitement that kittens bring. Nothing will make you smile like the antics of a kitten. Your entire house will be their playground, and periods of circus-like antics will be punctuated with periods of deep sleeping, often in adorable positions, snuggled up with other pets or family members. Adopting two kittens is a great option, because they really will help to keep each other occupied. Every moment a kitten spends rolling around with another kitten is a moment that they are not shredding your toilet paper roll or climbing your curtains. Kittens really do find the companionship of another mate beneficial.Adult cats better for some homes
However, for some families, an adult cat may be a better choice. Since all adult cats, 6 months to seniors, are included in our promotion, your choices are unlimited. A 6-month-old cat provides lots of kitten fun, just toned down slightly. An adult cat is likely to be a little bit calmer, yet have plenty of energy and fun and companionship to share with you for years to come.
However, for those looking for quiet companionship and wanting to truly save a life, consider adopting a senior cat. We currently have five senior cats looking for homes:
- Reese: Beautiful and sweet 9-year-old calico short-hair.
- Doc Brown: Ruggedly handsome 10-year-old gray and white long-hair.
- Gandolf: Sweet and sassy 7-year-old calico tabby short-hair.
- Oscar: Easygoing 8-year-old black short-hair.
- Princess: Beautiful 10-year-old tabby and white short-hair.
Whatever you are looking for, we almost certainly have the cat or kitten for you. From beautiful Lynx-Point Siamese “Joy” to kittens of all shapes and sizes and colors, to seniors, to every personality you can imagine, there is a feline friend who is waiting in a cage for you to take them home. Please come to the shelter anytime during business hours or visit our adoptable cats and kittens at PetSmart in Millville to meet your new feline friend.
(Also, for the “dog people” out there, our long-term resident promotion is still in effect. Diamond, Juelz, Picasso and Rusty are still looking for homes.)
- This kitten needs someone willing to take a risk
- How South Jersey Regional Animal Shelter in Vineland learned to really know its dogs
- Five ways you can help 520 shelter pets find homes
- What will happen to your pets when you die?
- What to know about rabies and pets
- Scary rescue: Dog gets head caught in plastic container, can’t breathe
- Clearing the shelter with an open mind
- Take your dog on a date to the Jersey Shore
- What you should do if you suspect animal cruelty
- Now’s the best time to adopt a kitten in Cumberland County, NJ